1. Lightning Bolts Can Be As Hot As 54,000 Degrees Fahrenheit
That’s 20,000 degrees Celsius, 30,000 kelvins and almost 6 times hotter than the surface of the sun!
2. A Lightning Strike Once Restored A Man’s Sight
Back in 1971, Edwin Robinson lost his sight in a traffic accident. Nine years later, while sheltering under a tree from a thunderstorm, he was struck by lightning. He was knocked to the ground and 20 minutes later he regained consciousness and managed to get inside his house, however that evening he started to get his sight back, to the point where he was able to read again. Although they tried, no doctors could explain how this happened.
3. You Only Have A 1 in 12,000 Chance Of Being Struck By Lightning In Your Lifetime
4. Lightning Doesn’t Always Hit The Ground
5. Earth Isn’t The Only Planet Where Lighting Strikes
Lighting also strikes on Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus.